Wootton Wawen is a small village (population 1318 - as per the 2011 census) located on the A3400, just south of Henley-in-Arden and 6 miles north of Stratford-upon-Avon. There are several notable landmarks in the village, including St. Peter's Church (of Saxon origin, and the oldest Church in Warwickshire), Wootton Hall, The Bulls Head and Navigation Public Houses and some fine individual houses from past centuries. The historic Stratford-upon-Avon Canal passes through Wootton and is carried on a cast iron aqueduct over the main road. The village has a railway station on the Stratford to Birmingham line and is also served by regular bus links to Stratford and Birmingham.
This website provides information about the Parish Council and other activities within the village. It will hopefully, become a valuable source of local information for residents and others wishing to know something about the village, its history and current events.
The website provides a brief outline of the work of Parish Councils in general, and ours in particular. It also gives a list of Parish Councillors and their contact details. Parish Council meeting times, agendas and minutes are also available online, together with any other relevant information about current issues. Extracts from the 2001 Village Appraisal are included as a reference point for future planning reviews.
Village Activities, News and Diary
The website aims to list all clubs, activity groups and organisations within the village. The diary page is updated regularly from the Village Magazine and other events will be listed as information becomes available. Any important news will be included with 'Events.'